Alaska Women’s Hall of Fame Nomination Process
Women inducted into the Alaska Women’s Hall of Fame are select by an independent panel of distinguished women. They have experience and knowledge in one or more of the areas of achievement. The Alaska Women’s Hall of Fame invites you to nominate outstanding women for induction into the Hall of Fame. A nominee’s contributions should be of community, state-wide, or national importance and enduring value.
The Alaska Women’s Hall of Fame depends on the public’s nominations to create a robust and diverse collection of exemplary women who have made a lasting impression on Alaska’s communities.
A nominee may be living or deceased. If a nominee is living, she must be at least 65 years of age by the close nominations. The nominee’s contributions should be of community, state-wide, or national importance and enduring value to the development of Alaska’s culture, governance, institutions. The nominee must have lived in Alaska at some point in her life. An individual may nominate herself.
Nominations for the class of 2021 are closed. Honorees will be introduced and celebrated at a ceremony in Anchorage, the date to be determined. Nominations for the class of 2022 will open XX XX, 2021.
The individual submitting the nomination is responsible for ensuring all information submitted is accurate. If the nominee is living, we suggest that you contact her to confirm the dates and accomplishments she would like recognized.
- Nominations must be made electronically through the AWHOF nomination form.
- Complete the nomination form in its entirety. It is the only form that the panel will review.
- Once you submit your nomination, you will receive an e-mail containing the text you submitted.
- If your nominee is selected, please submit a photograph of her for publication.
- An individual may nominate herself.